Saturday, March 14, 2009

A Norther

From what I hear the people down here say, a “Norther” came through on Thursday. It brought cold and wind and rain from the North. It’s only been around 50 to 55 each day and drizzly or rainy. Yuck! As I write this at 4:30 it is 52 degrees in Waterloo and 59 degrees in Douglas, and we are at a balmy 51 degrees. Al did try to go fishing yesterday until noon and froze. He caught some things, not what he wanted, so he threw them back.  Yesterday afternoon we went for a quick ride on the beach and around town and I at least took some pics. Of course it’s too cold for the spring break crowd to really go out anywhere, I suppose that will wait until Monday.  They are down there, but not many, and the ones that are are crowded around a fire.

Even the birds on the beach were cold. They were all sitting on the posts or sand facing the wind and wouldn’t move.

IMG_5590I’m not sure what kind of birds these are, but they are funky looking.

IMG_5609  The surfers didn’t seem to mind the wind and cold.  Almost every day you can see surfers here by the pier, and usually the waves start out further towards the end. They just kept going out and coming in again.

IMG_5591 We did see one shark, though…..(I know, pretty lame)

IMG_5618 

Al, as always, wanted to go car shopping.  I really liked this one:

IMG_5615 But Al liked this one. I’m not real sure how he will get that one down.

IMG_5616But then he got to thinking that one won’t pull the camper, so he found this one. Complete with a red-neck flag and everything!

IMG_5628  The spring breakers weren’t out much. It’s too cold. But the few that did at least brought along their port-a-potty (you might have to click on the pic to make it bigger. It’s right in the middle). Good kids, always thinking of the environment and fellow man! Now if they would just pick up there beer cans and trash when they leave!IMG_5635

It’s supposed to be nice again starting Monday, so hopefully will have more pics later!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Matt and Joe came to Des Moines on Saturday so we had lunch with them at Fuddruckers. They are big men! Good guys too, we had fun seeing them. Nice to read all your funny drama and the sunrise was gorgeous! We went to an indoor waterpark last night with the kids and then the outlet mall in Williamsburg. It would have been cheaper to give them each a hundred dollars and be done with it. We had fun so I guess it was worth it. I hope it warms up for you. It is 61 here today.

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment