Friday, March 20, 2009

How to fish. Part I

One of the reasons that Al wanted to come down here so bad is the fishing. Everybody fishes. Everywhere.

The first thing you do is go get your “live” shrimp. Evidently these aren’t big enough to eat? I don’t know, I’m craving skewered shrimp on the grill tonight I think…

IMG_5664 IMG_5688 Then you hook ‘em up. Al, is that a hook in your mouth? Didn’t we have this problem with a nail a few years ago? Don’t be putting that stuff in your mouth, it just might go down, remember?

IMG_5678 IMG_5672

IMG_5681

And then you try to cast it out so that the seagulls don’t get them.

IMG_5685

And then you stand. And sit.

IMG_5683 IMG_5687

And then sit some more.

IMG_5690

And then you finally get what you were trying for. This is a sheepshead. It was pretty good to eat. They said it was supposed to be one of the best tasting fish, but it wasn’t anything too special, but it was good.

IMG_5675

Lesson two later today…..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment