Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mardi Gras

Ok, not the real Mardi Gras but Port Aransas had their own Mardi Gras parade on Fat Tuesday.

There were festive floats:

14

11

16

Cars:

9

Kids:

15

Beads:

7

And plenty of costumes:

1

2

12

(this pirate guy could barely stand up….)

3

I wanted Al to go up to the “boob lady” (at least I think it’s a lady) and ask for a picture and he wouldn’t, so Doug volunteered:

4

This pirate lass was handing out plastic coins. I’m not sure if she knew these guys or not, but she came up to them and said “I just had gall bladder surgery, do you want to me my scars?” and immediately pulled up her shirt. The guys just stood there.

6

I think maybe they thought they were going to see more than scars.

5

The parade didn’t last very long, but it was pretty obvious they all had a great time.

They handed out lots and lots of beads, and mom and I grabbed our fair share (and no, we didn’t have to flash anything). There is a picture out there somewhere that proves the beads we got but sorry, I’m not sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment