Friday, April 30, 2010

It's definitely spring....

All the apple trees and lilacs are blooming (and of course filling the air with pollen and making those of us with allergies miserable!) lilac

apple tree blossoms

apple tree 

The geese in the pond by the house hatched their babies this morning. They were so noisy! Mom and Dad were just honking and honking and chasing everybody else away. They were so proud that they had their babies. I didn't go too close, but I think there are 4 little ones. They will stay in this pond for only a few days, then they will head to the big lake for the rest of the summer.

geese

For some crazy reason the deer are everywhere all day long. This picture was at 5:00 tonight. At noon they were there as well, I just didn't get a picture. It's strange to see them this close to the house this time of day. Several of them look like they are ready to have their fawns, they are all nice and fat. It's cool to be able to sit on the deck and be able to watch them with their fawns in a few weeks. When we first moved to the park (18 years ago!!!!!) you never saw deer this time of year.

deer

But of course with all the nice things of spring, there are always the dandelions! It looks to be a record crop this year, I think.

dandylions

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment