Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The entertainer.....

I was in Target not too long ago looking at the tons and tons of baby stuff thinking of what to give Ava for Christmas. Not having had kids for a long long time, we are pretty much out of the loop when it comes to what might be fun for them, especially for a 5 month old! Ava likes to be held, she doesn't like to lay on the floor much. But I really think what she wants is to be able to be up so she can look around, not just get held. Mom had said something about a contraption that Mandy had for McCoy that he really liked, so I started looking around for something like that. If you look online for this type of thing at Target they are called "entertainers". I guess it's a good name, it entertains the baby, but who would think to look for that name? Certainly not a new grandmother. They didn't have entertainers when our kids were little, they had walkers (one such walker went down the stairs with Joe in it when he was a baby) or the old bouncers that hung from the doorway or just the old windup flimsy swing (Loved the swings!).

Sarah and Ava have been coming down on some Wednesdays when I work at home to visit, so before she came this last week Al ran up and got one, thinking you just take it out of the box, pop it up and it's done. NOT!  He even had to look at the directions. What man actually looks at directions? Not this one usually.

alal reading directions

An hour later however, we (he!) had it set up. And she actually liked it. We had to prop her up, and her feet don't reach the floor, but I think when she gets a bit bigger, we will be glad we have it.

AvaAva smile

Good job grandpa!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment