Saturday, April 25, 2009

Spring has sprung!

It was almost 90 degrees here yesterday, and today it’s dreary, rainy and 50’s. But you can tell that spring is finally here. And I am sooooo ready.  The spring flowers are blooming, the cottonwood tree has lost all of it’s fuzzy’s, and the maple leaves are just about ready to open.

IMG_6086 I have the deck chairs out:

IMG_6057 The flower pots are ready to put flowers into:

IMG_6058 And the plants are started inside the house:

IMG_6059 And the new raised beds are getting finished. (Of course Roxie had to supervise):

IMG_6085 IMG_6087

And the egrets followed us up from Texas to stay a while in the pond:

IMG_6082

And we have something new in the yard this year. And no, it’s not a hunting blind sitting in the yard. Actually it is a hunting blind, but it will soon be our new chicken coop! And no, it won’t always be painted camo!

IMG_6083 We went to a swap meet in Waverly the other day and just had to come home with some chickens. Don’t ask what I’m going to do with them. I don’t know, I just thought they would be something different to have around. I’m sure in a few months I’m going to regret it, but we will see. (Roxie thinks we are getting her dinner ready, and Tai is afraid of them)

IMG_6076

IMG_6078

TTFN…..

3 comments:

  1. Chickens?

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 02, 2009

    You must not have ever cleaned a chicken house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not too bad actually (yet)! They are still little and we will get rid of the roosters. Or all of them, we will see!

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment